Guided Swim - Windermere 2019
10th June - Guided Windermere Swim - Closed
17th June - Guided Windermere Swim - Closed
3rd July - Guided Windermere Swim - Closed
12th July - Guided Windermere Swim - Closed
15th July - Guided Windermere Swim - Closed
19th July - Guided Windermere Swim - Closed
26th July - Guided Windermere Swim - Closed
29th July - Guided Windermere Swim - Closed
31st July - Guided Windermere Swim - Closed
2nd August - Guided Windermere Swim - Closed
2nd September - Guided Windermere Swim - Closed
Prices for Chillswim Guided Swims are:
- Solo Windermere Swim (one person, one way) £590
- Solo Windermere Swim (one person, two way) £800
- Two people Windermere Swim (one way, swimming together or relay) £700
- Two people Windermere Swim (two way, swimming together or relay) £900
- Three people Windermere Swim (one way, swimming together or relay) £800
- Three people Windermere Swim (two way, swimming together or relay) £1000
The Chillswim Guided Swim Service includes:
- Chillswim’s rib boat
- RYA powerboat level 2 pilot with 10+ years experience of guiding swimmers on Windermere
- Chillswim Windermere trophy
- Live GPS tracking
- Results displayed on Chillswim website
- Personalised certificate
- An observer is essential for your swim, and you can either bring your own support crew (max 3 people for a solo swimmer) or we can provide you with an observer to monitor your stroke rate, manager your feeds etc for £85 one way, or £170 two way. You will pay this directly to the observer.
Swim Dates and Times:
We operate guided swims between June and September when the water temperature is typically between 13 and 20 degrees. The warmest water in the last 2 years has been July, but this by no means is guaranteed! Our swims start at 6 or 7am when the lake is at its quietest enabling the swimmer to make good progress before the commercial ferries begin operating and other motorised vessels operate. We tend to have most of our guided swims on week days to avoid sailing galas, motorboat events, and the general high boat traffic that a tourist destination such as Lake District attracts.
All swimmers are required to have a medical examination by their GP prior to this swim, which is typical of other swims of this nature. If you are participating in another long distance swim this season and are also required to undergo a medical for that swim please send us a copy of this form so we can advise if you need a separate medical for your swim with Chillswim. You will be able to upload your completed medical form or can email it to us no later than 4 weeks before your swim.
It is possible to have more than one swimmer guided, and you can book this through the entry system. Swimmers should either be the same pace or form a relay team. For swimmers of different paces we recommend booking individual swims.
Is there a time limit?
There is no time limit within which to complete your swim. Typically swimmers complete the length between 3 hours 46 mins (Dion Harrison 2014), and 8 hours for a one way. However, for safety reasons of the pilot and swimmer, if the swimmer is expected to take greater than 14 hours on a two way swim, an additional boat pilot will be required. The fee for greater than 14 hours is an additional £300, payable 4 weeks prior to swim along with the balance payment. Please contact us if you think you may fall into this category.
Assessment Swims for English Channel Swimming qualifying swims:
There are strict criteria for your 6 hour (solo) qualifying swim or 2 hour (relay) swims by the Channel Swimming & Pilot Federation (CS&PF) and Channel Swimming Association (CSA). Please check requirements with your channel swimming provider and we will ensure your swim is run under Channel Swimming Rules.
Chillswim organise world class open water swimming events in the Lake District, UK. The company's passion is purely open water swimming: outdoor swimming, wild swimming, open water swim races and supporting the growth of long distance swimming.
Chillswim Limited, is a registered company in England and Wales, registration number 08062283.